BRENDA is funded by the BMBF (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, German Federal Ministry of Education and Research)
and the MWK (Niedersächsisches Ministerium für Wissenschaft und Kultur)
Since 2015 the development and curation of BRENDA has been funded by the BMBF under , grant agreement number 031A539D.
From 2011 until 2012 the development and curation of BRENDA was funded by the European Commission under SLING, grant agreement number 226073 (Integrating Activity) within Research Infrastructures Action of the FP7 Capacities Specific Programme.
Until February 2011 the curation and development of BRENDA was funded by European Union under FELICS (Free European Life-Science Information and Computational Services), grant number 021902 (RII3).
The development of BRENDA would not have been possible without the use of:
- Chemistry Development Kit (CDK)
- TMHMM and TargetP (DTU Health Tech Department of Systems Biology Technical University of Denmark)
- JSME Molecule Editor
For the contribution of data and links we express our thanks to
- UniProt (Universal Protein Resource) Publication: The Universal Protein Resource (UniProt) 2009. The UniProt Consortium, Nucleic Acids Res. 2009, 37, D169-D174
- MetaCyc (Encyclopedia of Metabolic Pathways) Publication: The MetaCyc Database of metabolic pathways and enzymes and the BioCyc collection of Pathway/Genome Databases. Caspi, R., Foerster, H., Fulcher, C.A., Kaipa, P., Krummenacker, M., Latendresse, M., Paley, S., Rhee, S.Y., Shearer, A.G., Tissier, C., Walk, T.C., Zhang, P., and Karp, P.D. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008, 36: D623-D631
- KEGG (Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes) Publication: KEGG for linking genomes to life and the environment. Kanehisa, M., Araki, M., Goto, S., Hattori, M., Hirakawa, M., Itoh, M., Katayama, T., Kawashima, S., Okuda, S., Tokimatsu, T., and Yamanishi, Y. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008, 36: D480-D484
- PDB (Protein Data Bank) Publication: The RCSB PDB information portal for structural genomics. Kouranov, A., Xie, L., de la Cruz, J., Chen, L., Westbrook, J., Bourne, P.E., and Berman, H.M. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006, 34: D302-D305
- ChEBI (Chemical Entities of Biological Interest ) Publication: ChEBI: a database and ontology for chemical entities of biological interest. Degtyarenko, K., de Matos, P., Ennis, M., Hastings, J., Zbinden, M., McNaught, A., Alcántara, R., Darsow, M., Guedj, M., and Ashburner, M. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008, 36: D344-D350
The BRENDA team encourages the responsible notification of security vulnerabilities through our contact form.We would like to thank the following individuals for responsibly revealing a security vulnerability in one of the BRENDA services:
- Alexis Laborier
- Hrithik Negi
- José Albano
- Hatim Chabik
- Chirag Ketan Prajapati (Cybertix - cybertix.in)
- Ravi Prajapati