- use the search type "contains" to obtain the highest number of hits
- use the search type "exact" if the whole field has to match your searchword/phrase.
- the joker * means no or any number of any character to find parts of words.
example: *al*gen* finds alcohol dehydrogenase and also galactitol 2-dehydrogenase
- the joker ? means exactly one of any character if you do not know the exact spelling of a word.
- Use the search type "boolean" to perform simple Boolean operations with the terms 'AND', 'OR', 'AND NOT'.
Brackets are not recognized as operators. Words not separated by Boolean operators are treated as phrases.Wildcards (*) are added to the beginning and ending of every searchword/phrase automatically.example 1: atp AND NOT atpase finds all datasets that contain atp but not atpaseexample 2: 126.96.36.199 AND NOT 188.8.131.52 AND NOT 184.108.40.206 finds all datasets that contain 220.127.116.11 but not 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124